Thursday 25 July 2013

Our Summer Reads: Feli














This summer I've decided to try to read a couple of books out of my usual comfort zone so this is what I came up with:






Wild Awake by Hillary T. Smith:I tend to stay away from books that involve death of a sibling because I just feel them too much. The idea of losing a sibling is simply horrific to me and the stuff of nightmares. However, Caroline convinced me to try The Sky is Everywhere which I loved so I am giving Wild Awake a go as well. I've heard nothing but good things for this book so I am really excited!

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: I don't usually read books involving dragons but after A Song of Ice & Fire I've decided that dragons can be pretty cool. This book was recommended to me ages ago and I am very intrigued by the plot; it seemed to be quite original and the main character sounds awesome. Besides, the cover is gorgeous. I mean, look at that font!

Abhorsen by Garth Nix: I read Sabriel and Lirael earlier this year but for some reason I'm terrible when it comes to finishing series. I guess I just don't like endings. I've already started this one and so far, so good. I love the world Nix has created and it has the perfect fantasy background and characters that struggle to find their inner strength even when the future looks quite grim.

Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I'm a bit late for this one, I know, but I was terrified I would not like it. Everyone I've talked to seems to have adored this book and when something has that much hype it kind of scares me? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. I mean it looks like it might be the bits we miss between Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, don't you think?

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami: I bought this ages ago but my brother stole it and never gave it back. Now that it is finally back in my hands I cannot wait to get into it. I haven't watched the film because I wanted to read the book first. I know it will be intense but I think it will be worth it.

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: Like with Battle Royale, I've had this book for a while but I somehow completely forgot to read it. I really want to read this now that it's sequel, A Darkness Strange and Lovely has been published. Zombies in Philly followed by zombies in Paris? What could possibly go wrong?


So what books are you planning to read this summer? Let us know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I've read them all except the Garth Nix and Battle Royale, both of which I've been meaning to read for ages. Hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete