Thursday 3 April 2014

In the Suitcase (Vol. 3)

Here's another edition of In the Suitcase. For some reason I have been EXTREMELY book hungry this past month so this is a big one!




More Than This by Patrick Ness (I've wanted to get my hands on this for AGES. I loved The Crane Wife so I have high hopes for this one. Plus £3.99 in Oxfam? Bargain!)
Tinder by Sally Gardner with drawings by David Roberts (I picked this up from the library - it looks like a haunting mix of prose and illustration)
After Dark by Haruki Murakami (My first Murakami! Recommended by Feli to my fiancĂ© (!!) as a good one for a journey)


The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (A library find that I am eager to start!)
Where She Went by Gayle Forman (I read and mostly enjoyed If I Stay so I thought I'd give the sequel a try.)
Hand in Hand - a poetry collection edited by Carol Ann Duffy (Sometimes I need a little poetry in my life, you know?)
Half the Sky: How to Change the World by Nicholas D. Kristof & Sheryl Wudunn (An exploration of what is means to put women first when doing development. A very appreciated Birthday present from a dear friend.)


The Time of the Ghost by Diana Wynne Jones (I'm playing catch-up with DWJ, I never read any as a kid and I wish I had!)
Temeraire by Naomi Novik (Dragons and Napoleon, very fun but a little silly. I'll definitely try the sequels though!) 


All that I am by Anna Funder (Author of Stasiland, an incredible non-fiction book about the Stasi in Germany.)
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (I've read it 3 times on my Kindle, can you blame me for wanting a physical copy? Especially when it was £2 in a charity shop.)
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (See C of M, except it was £1.)


The Dalemark Quartet by Diana Wynne Jones (My DWJ catch-up continues, inspired by this post by By Singing Light. She does fabulous DWJ reviews!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, thank you for the kind words! I hope you enjoy the Dalemark Quartet--they're some of my favorite books by DWJ.

    ReplyDelete