Monday 12 August 2013

Double Crossed by Ally Carter (30 Second Review)

Rating: 3.5 (Fun and light - a perfect beach read)
Source: Courtesy of Disney Book Group (thank you!)

The Heist Society series, about Kat, a thief from a family of thieves, and her rag-tag crew of misfits, is always worth a read. It’s perfect for the beach - just turn off your disbelief and dive in. So when I saw this novella, which brings together characters from Heist Society AND from Ally Carter's other series, Gallagher Girls, I just had to give it a try. I haven’t read anything from the Gallagher Girls series but after reading Double Crossed, and getting a peek into the world of a school for expert female spies, I think I might just have to pick one up next time I’m in need of a something to put a smile on my face.

Double Crossed nips along at a neck-breaking speed, with a high stakes hostage situation bringing together Hale (from Heist Society) and Macey (from Gallagher Girls), forcing them to trust each other and work together in order to get out alive. Yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds, so if realistic or dreamy prose is more your style, then I’d give this one a pass. But, if you’ve read and loved anything else Ally Carter has written, then this will definitely be one for you. There are twists and turns aplenty, along with the glamour of US upper-class society. Basically, it’s Gossip Girl with added crime.

Have you read Double Crossed or anything else by Ally Carter? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment